- 1 SuperValu leg of lamb weighing about 1.8kg (4lb)
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh SuperValu rosemary, broken into small sprigs
- 2 SuperValu garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1tbsp SuperValu olive oil
- 1 SuperValu aubergine, trimmed
- 1 SuperValu red and 1 yellow or orange pepper, deseeded
- 2 SuperValu courgettes, trimmed
- 2 SuperValu red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 SuperValu tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4tbsp SuperValu olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Make small cuts all over the lamb with the point of a sharp knife and push a small sprig of rosemary and a slice of garlic into each one.
Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas mark 6. Lift the lamb into a roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Roast the lamb in the oven for 15-20 minutes per 450g (1lb) for meat that is still pink, or longer, 25-30 minutes per 450g (1lb), for well-done.
For the ratatouille, cut the aubergine, peppers and courgettes into even-sized chunks of about 2.5cm (1in). Place in a bowl with the onion and tomatoes, add olive oil and season with lots of freshly ground black pepper. Stir until vegetables are coated in oil and tip into a shallow metal roasting tray, spreading them out in an even layer.
After roasting the lamb for 45 minutes, put the tray of vegetables in the oven on a high shelf above the lamb and roast for 40-45 minutes, turning once or twice, until the vegetables are tender and starting to turn brown.
Once the lamb is ready, transfer it to a warmed serving plate and cover with foil for 10-15 mins, leaving the ratatouille in the oven.
Serve the lamb carved into slices and accompany with the ratatouille and boiled Jersey Royal new potatoes.