Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 100ml apple and mango juice
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 60g apricot jam
- Sea salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 500g mini chicken fillets
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 100g salad cream
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- 75g mango chutney
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 small handful coriander sprigs
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 2 x 250g Tilda microwaveable basmati rice
Preheat the oven to 200°, fan 180°, gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment.
Pour half the apple and mango juice and curry powder into a bowl. Add the apricot jam and season with salt and black pepper then stir until combined.
Add the chicken and toss until coated.
Thread the chicken onto 4 metal skewers alternating with pieces of red pepper until all used up. (If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 20 minutes before using.)
Lay onto the lined baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 10 minutes. Brush with any remaining marinade and roast for another 10 minutes until nicely glazed and cooked through.
Meanwhile, pour the rest of the apple and mango juice into a bowl. Add the remaining curry powder, salad cream, Greek yoghurt and mango chutney and stir until smooth. Season with a little salt and black pepper then stir once more.
Divide the lettuce leaves between serving plates and lay the chicken skewers on top. Spoon the coronation sauce over the top then scatter with the coriander, spring onions, chilli and flaked almonds.
Serve with the rice, microwaved according to packet instructions.