Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 80g caster sugar
- 40ml white wine vinegar
- 2 medium red chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 dessert apples, cored, halved and thickly sliced
- 160g cooked beetroot, halved and thickly sliced
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 60g rocket
- 100g goat’s cheese
Place the sugar and vinegar into sauté pan and heat until the sugar has melted – 2-3 minutes.
Add the chillies and the spring onions, stir through and cook for 2 minutes until just softened. Remove from the heat to cool while you make the salad.
Place the rocket, apples, beetroot and walnuts into the serving plates, layering them up.
Place the cheese to one side, then spoon the chilli sauce over the top.