Serves : 4
Cooking Time: 15 minutes | 200°C Fan 400°C Gas Mark 6
- 600g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to season
- 300g Napolina penne pasta
- 200g bacon, cut into strips
- 75g pine nuts
- 1 large handful torn fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 tbsp Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- fresh Parmesan, grated, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
Place the tomato halves in a roasting tray, cut-side up & season. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta & cook according to pack instructions.
Pan fry the bacon strips over a medium heat until crispy. Add the pine nuts and toss together.
Drain pasta once cooked and return to pan. Stir-in tomatoes, bacon strips, pine nuts, basil leaves, a little oil and Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto.
Add a generous topping of Parmesan, more basil and serve immediately.
crusty bread and mixed Italian leaf Salad