Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 - 3 hours
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillies, roughly chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 beef stock pot
- 400ml tin reduced fat coconut milk
- 600g stewing beef 4 peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 x 250g microwaveable jasmine rice
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
Tip the onion, garlic, chillies, ginger, soy sauce, ground cinnamon and honey into a food processor and blitz until they form a smooth paste.
Pour the paste into a casserole, and add the coconut milk. Refill the coconut milk tin with water and add to the pan.
Add the beef stock and stir well then tip in the beef and peppers and really well.
Cover with a lid and transfer to the oven to braise for 2-3 hours, removing the lid half way through. You want the liquid to thicken and reduce by about half.
Stir well then stir in the lime zest and juice and half the coriander.
Heat the rice according to pack instructions, then pile onto serving plates. Spoon the beef curry alongside and scatter over the last of the coriander. Serve straightaway.