Serves : 4-6
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- 800g large GreenVale potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp each ground cumin; smoked paprika; ground coriander dried oregano;
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml tomato salsa - fresh or in a jar
- 75g grated Cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tbsp sliced pickled jalapeños, drained
Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C/Gas Mark 7) Scrub the potato skins then cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges and place in a large roasting tin. Toss with the oil and bake for 20 mins.
Mix together all the spices, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Remove the potatoes from the oven and scatter over the spice mix, toss to coat the potatoes. Bake for a further 15-20mins or until the potatoes are golden and crisp on the outside and tender in the middle.
Transfer the potatoes to a large heatproof dish, then spoon over the salsa. Scatter over the cheese and chillies, then pop under a hot grill to melt the cheese. Serve hot.