Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder or paste
- 900g (2lb) pumpkin (prepared weight), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 750ml (1¼pt) vegetable stock
- 200ml (7fl oz) coconut milk
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry over a gentle heat until soft. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add the pumpkin and sweet potato chunks, stir well and then pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer, cover the pan and cook over a low heat for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin and sweet potato are very tender.
Leave to cool a little, then blend in batches in a liquidizer until smooth, adding some of the coconut milk to each batch.
Ideally served with croutons or a sprinkling of your favourite herbs.