Serves : 4
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 125g Merchant Gourmet quinoa and whole grain rice
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 75g kale, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
Heat a sauté pan until medium hot, add the oil and the onion, carrot, celery and thyme and cook for 5 minutes until just softened but not coloured at all.
Add the stock and tinned tomatoes and bring up to the boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add the quinoa and rice, diced courgette and kale and return to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until all the vegetables are just tender.
Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve with a scattering of Parmesan.