Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 2 red pepper, seeded and cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 320g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g penne or similar pasta
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp small basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the aubergine and pepper onto a large roasting tray. Scatter with the oil, chilli flakes, salt and black pepper and toss together.
- Place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan of vegetables and roast for another 5 minutes, then add the feta cheese and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then tip into the tray of roasted vegetables into the pan and toss together.
- Season with black pepper and add half the chives and stir once more.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with the remaining chives and the basil and serve straightaway.