Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 300g basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch spring onions, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 600g chestnut mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g vegan yoghurt – coconut or soya
- ½ small bunch coriander
- 4 tbsp hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
Tip the rice into a baking dish. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and spices and stir really well until it is coated in the spices.
Dissolve the stock cube in 600ml hot water and pour over the rice.
Scatter the mushrooms over the top of the rice then drizzle with the vegetable oil. Cover with foil and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes until the rice is tender. If the rice isn’t tender, return to the oven for 5 minutes and check once more.
Spoon dollops of yoghurt onto the rice, then scatter the coriander over the top and finish with a drizzle of hot sauce