Makes : 16
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 16 very small Maris Piper potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heaped tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 heaped tbsp horseradish cream
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced into 16 strips
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
Put the potatoes onto a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, salt and black pepper and toss until coated. Place in the oven to bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
While the potatoes cook, mix the crème fraîche and horseradish together in a small bowl and set aside.
Cut a cross in the top of the baked potatoes, squeeze gently to open up and place onto a serving plate. Spoon the horseradish cream into the centre, then top with a folded slither of smoked salmon.
Finish with a grind of black pepper then scatter the chives on top, and serve straight away.