Serves : 4
Cooking Time: 35 minutes | 180°C Fan 160°C Gas Mark 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 125g easy cook long grain rice
- 1 x Old El Paso Enchilada Dinner Kit*
- 150ml hot water
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 x red and green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 x 198g Green Giant Original tinned sweetcorn, drained
- A handful of freshly chopped coriander
- 150g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / Gas mark 4.
Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish.
Heat the oil in a large pan and stir fry the chicken and onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Mix the Old El Paso Original Enchilada Spice Mix with the sachet of Old El Paso Tomato Sauce and 150ml hot water.
Pour half of this mixture over the rice, add the stock, then stir well, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the peppers and sweetcorn, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender, the chicken is thoroughly cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in half of the cheese and the fresh coriander.
Warm the Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas, following the instructions on the pack.
Take one of the Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas and spoon over some of the rice and cheese mixture down the centre. Roll and place fold side down in an ovenproof dish. Repeat with remaining Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas and then pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining ceese.
Bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 8 x Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas
- 1 x Old El Paso Original Enchilada Spice Mix
- 1 x Old El Paso Tomato Sauce