Makes : 8
Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus cooling time
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 8 large free range eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- pinch paprika, plus extra to garnish
- splash of Tabasaco sauce, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 black olives, pitted, drained and halved
- small piece of red pepper, cut into 8 pieces
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and boil for 10 minutes.
Drain the eggs and run under cold water to cool. Once cold remove the egg shells. Cut the eggs in half lengthways on a chopping board. Scoop the egg yolks out onto another chopping board and roughly chop. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, paprika, Tabasco, if using, and seasoning. Stir to combine.
Place the egg whites on a serving plate. Divide the filling between the whites.
For the spider bodies, place ½ an olive on each egg half. For the spider legs, cut each of the remaining 8 halved olives into 6 lengthways. Place 3 legs each side of the spider body. For the spider face, add a piece of red pepper to one end of the body. Garnish with a sprinkling of paprika.