Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g cooked new potatoes, cubed
- 200g roasted peppers in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 6 medium free range eggs
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- snipped chives, to garnish
Heat the oil in a non-stick oven proof 20cm frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Stir in the potatoes, peppers and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Lightly beat the eggs with the parsley, paprika and seasoning. Mix the potato mixture with the eggs. Then pour the egg and potato mixture back into the frying pan. Cover and cook on a low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the underneath is almost set.
Place under a preheated hot grill for 2-3 minutes or until the top is set and golden. Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and cut into wedges. Serve straight away.