Serves : 2
Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus cooling time
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 150g new potatoes, halved if large
- 75g beans, trimmed
- 2 medium free range eggs, at room temperature
- handful of florette salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp olives
- 1 x 160g tin tuna in water or oil, drained
- ½ red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serve with warmed French bread
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. Add the beans 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain and cool under cold running water.
Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Bring back to the boil and cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water.
Place the salad leaves in a serving dish. Top with the tomatoes, olives, tuna, red onion, potatoes and beans. Halve the eggs and add to the salad.
Mix the vinegar with the olive oil and season. Pour over the salad just before serving and toss to combine. Serve with warmed French bread.