Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 320g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 300g leftover cooked turkey/chicken, cut into chunks
- 200g leftover cooked ham, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 160g cooked sprouts, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 200g crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 320g green vegetables – beans, mangetout, broccoli, peas etc
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180º, gas mark 6. Remove the pastry from the fridge at the same time – it makes it easier to unroll if it’s sat out for a few minutes.
Tip the turkey, ham, flour, black pepper, red onion and sprouts into a medium ovenproof dish and mix together.
Add the cranberry sauce, crème fraiche and parsley and stir until combined with the turkey mixture.
Brush the edge of the dish with a little of the beaten egg, then unroll the pastry over the top of the dish. Crimp the edge of the pastry around the dish, pinching between thumb and fingers then brush with the rest of the egg.
Trim off any excess pastry and use to decorate the top however you like. Brush once more with egg then season with black pepper.
Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and piping hot through.
Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the green veg and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender then drain.
Divide between serving plates and serve with the green vegetables.