Makes : 6 kebabs
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Chilling time 1-2 hours
Cooking Time: 8-12 minutes
- 450g boned skinless thick white fish like Pollock, cut into 12x2cm chunks
For the marinade:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 18 British cherry tomatoes
- 175g British courgettes, trimmed and cut into ½ cm slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the fish into a non metallic dish. Mix together the oils, lemon and coriander and drizzle over the fish. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Meanwhile soak 6 wooden skewers in cold water.
Thread slices of courgette, fish and cherry tomato and repeat again. Repeat this another 5 times. Preheat the grill if using.
Cook over hot BBQ coals or under the grill for 5-7 minutes basting with the remaining marinade.
Serve in warmed pitta bread of chunks of artisan regional breads of with British seasonal vegetables of your choice.
To the basic marinade add a little freshly grated ginger.